BLS & HEARTSAVER CPR INSTRUCTOR COURSES
According to the AHA, to receive an American Heart Instructor card, each instructor candidate must:
1. Be accepted by an AHA Training Center prior to enrolling in an Instructor Course and have a completed Instructor Candidate Application to file with that Training Center.
2. Have current AHA provider card in either Heartsaver or BLS CPR and be proficient in all the skills of those disciplines.
3. Successfully complete the discipline-specific Instructor Essentials Online course and print the certificate of completion (Each student must register on the AHA website and complete the Instructor Essentials Online Class for either the BLS Instructor Essentials or Heartsaver Instructor Essentials).
4. Successfully complete the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course on-site at Paramount Training Services.
5. Successfully complete being monitored teaching the first course within six months of completing the
discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course (Paramount Training Services can require additional monitoring if needed).
For the BLS Instructor Course*:
- Have a current American Heart Association BLS Card
- BLS Instructor Essential Certificate. (The BLS Instructor Essential Certificate is an online course that can be purchased directly through the AHA website or an AHA approved vendor like Worldpoint at 888-322-8350.)
- Have an American Heart Association’s 2015 BLS Student Manual
- Have an American Heart Association’s 2015 BLS Instructor Manual
- Have access to the current 2015 AHA BLS Instructor package (DVD set) when teaching courses.
For the Heartsaver Instructor Course*:
- Have a current American Heart Association Heartsaver Provider Card and Heartsaver Instructor Essential Certificate. (The Heartsaver Instructor Essential Course Certificate can be obtained by purchasing directly through the AHA website or through one of their approved vendors like Worldpoint at 888-322-8350 FREE FREE.)
- Have an American Heart Association’s 2015 Heartsaver Student Workbook
- Have an American Heart Association’s 2015 Heartsaver First-Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual
- Have access to the current American Heart Association’s 2015 Heartsaver First-Aid CPR AED DVD Set when teaching courses.
- Issuance of an Instructor Card requires joining an AHA Training Center or Training Site. In-addition to completing the AHAs online Essentials course. The current addition fees on top of the class fee charged by Paramount Training Services are:
- $30 Online Instructor Essentials (subject to change)
- $50 Instructor Alignment (if through PTS – subject to change)